Facilities: Blagnac (France)
Duration: 3/4 months
Beginning date expected: 1rst or 2nd quarter of 2018
Emaneo is hiring for its client ATR.
Toulouse, Southern France based turboprop aircraft manufacturer ATR is the world leader in the market for regional aircraft up to 90 seats. Established in November 1981, ATR is a joint partnership between two major European aeronautics players: Airbus and Leonardo.
ATR has sold more than 1,500 aircraft and has over 200 operators in more than 100 countries.
Every 8 seconds, an ATR turboprop takes off or lands somewhere around the world.
Activity domain: Aircraft performance
Thanks to this internship, you will contribute to build a strong baseline for future aircraft projects and know the physical influences of pilot actions, environmental conditions on aircraft performance and all its secrets. You will be included in a dynamic motivated small team and will discover the ATR multicultural environment.
The aim of the project is to obtain new aircraft performance databanks consistent with the certified Airplane Flight manual performances for the ATR 72-212A aircraft.
The aircraft performance data deal with takeoff / landing distances, takeoff / landing speeds, climb gradient… These data depend on the environmental conditions (altitude, temperature…), the aircraft weight and the options of the aircraft (type of motorisation…).
Through your internship, you will be responsible for those next steps:
- The first one is about checking the consistency between the Airplane Flight Manual (AFM) performance data for the ATR 72-212A, which are certified and the performance data from databanks. It consists in manual comparison of paper charts.
- For the performance data for which discrepancies have been found:
- The second step will be to find technical note justifications associated to the performance data (documentary research).
- The third one will be to do a retro-engineering. Through this one, you will calculate new performance data with official ATR software and aircraft models (through Linux environment). Then, you will be able to update aircraft performance databanks.
You are currently preparing a bachelor or a second year in an engineering school or you are currently doing a gap year while your masterdegree in the Aeronautic training. You can show the next skills and abilities:
- Hard skills: basic knowledge of the aeronautic domain
- Soft skills: autonomous, meticulous, organized, patient
- IT skills: Microsoft Pack Office
- Language skills: English or French